With Spring officially here it means it's time to start swapping out those winter clothes and replacing them with all your spring and summer essentials. BUT WAIT......... don't be too quick to toss those long sleeves, and jeans to the back of your closet before checking out my list of TRANSITIONERS (clothing you can wear all year round.)
1. Nude Pumps: no matter what season, a great Nude pump is a MUST. Nude pumps are classic and extremely versatile to wear against pretty much any color hue.
2. Denim Jackets: Whether dark or light washed, denim jackets are perfect transitioners from Winter/Fall into Spring/Summer. During Spring it's not always 85 degrees when your heading out, so for those chilly mornings and nights a denim jacket is absolutely perfect.
3. Midi Skirts: Although they are much longer than your average Spring skirt. Midis worn during the Fall are perfect transitioners into Spring. Pair with a tank, and sandals and your instantly transformed into a Spring ready look.
4. Cardi's: Cardi's are all year round items. Like the denim jacket cardi's can be worn for those chilly mornings and evenings. They can even be worn in an office setting to cover up a sleeveless top.
5. Ladies always remember when your transitioning your clothes from Winter/Fall to Spring/Summer you want to stay away from anything tweedy, wooly, and heavy in material. You want light, airy, bright or pale for Spring and Summer.
I've heard a lot, and seen a few commercials about the newest nail craze Impress Nails, so I was pretty stoked to see that I received a pack in my Shecky's Girls Night Out Swag Bag a few weeks ago. I wasn't too sure how they would work just because I'm not too fond of press on nails they tend to pop off so quick, which can be extremely embarrassing when your in public. Despite my doubts I gave it shot.
1. For starters, you want to make sure your nails are completely clean. Using the Impress Prep Pad included, thoroughly clean your hands and nails.
2. Once your hands and nails are completely clean, take the nails and dump them onto your counter top. This will give you an idea of which nails will fit your fingers. The package includes 24 nails.
3. Each nail has a clear cuticle indicator strip attached to the back. This will be a guide for you in choosing the right fit for your nail.
4. Place the Impress Nail with clear cuticle indicator on top of the nail you wish to apply it to. Make sure the fit is perfect and snug.
5. You've found the perfect match. Now take the clear indicator strip off the back of the nail.
6. Now, apply the glued nail on top of your nail and repeat steps 1 through 6 for each nail.
Final Thoughts: Alright, so while this was a fun experience for me I am still not impressed with Impress. After doing one hand I tried taking one nail off just to test it out and guess what ladies the nail popped right off lol. I think these are perfect for playing around with and/or used as testers for DIY nails designs but I wouldn't recommend these out in public.
Today makes one year of blogging and what an awesome journey is has been for me. I always wanted to create a blog, one that was not just about clothes, shoes, and makeup but one that focused on inner beauty just as much as it did outer beauty. I hope through all my daily outfit posts and words of inspiration, you ladies have not only enjoyed my looks but have gained encouragement through my quotes. I am so grateful for all of you who take time out to view my blog and comment, it means lots. I am especially grateful for my dear mother who shoots my awesome pics. This year I hope to become an even better blogger and give you ladies more and more. Thanks so much, and remember to always SMILE, ENJOY LIFE and know with out a shadow of a doubt you are beautiful, and Jesus loves you. ;)
Goodbye Winter and HELLOOOOOOOOOO Spring. I have been in love with all this warm wonderful weather we have been getting here lately. Makes you want to just yell at the top of your lungs....... ok maybe not yell but you girls get my drift. Can't wait to swap out the winter furs and coats and replace them with tons of maxi's, shades, and wedges.
Last night I had the great opportunity to attend Shecky's Girls Night Out. Surprisingly, it was my very first time ever attending a Shecky's event. They come to just about every major city throughout the United States and host a fun girls night out for you and your girls. The event had just about everything for an awesome time. Free manicures, awesome gift bags, free hair consultations, free drinks, lots of clothing and jewelry vendors and the list goes on. It was a good time!
For your free mani you could choose your very own color from the new OPI Spring 2012 collection. They even gave ladies the option to try out the new magnetic wave polish.
So I fell in love with the SNOBSWAP booth as soon as I walked into the event. Basically it's an online high end swap company. You can take your high end pieces you don't want anymore and swap them online with other people and/or you can put your pieces up for others to bid on. Check out the AWESOME Chanel bag under the computer screen. I think every girl in the event was dying to get their hands on that. lol
Shecky's Girls Night Out is known for their great gift bags, so I must say when I got home I was very excited to open my bag and see what was inside. I got lotions, perfumes, hand sanitizers, deodorant, Impress nails, several facial masks, chapstick etc. ;)
Last week Howard University kicked off their annual Fashion Law Week. The week included seminars, guest appearances, raffles and wrapped up with an awesome fashion show featuring well known Project Runway contestant Korto Momolo's "Sankofa" collection. I was pretty excited to attend this event because I love Korto's design aesthetic she is so talented and I love that she includes lots of culture in her pieces. The event was held at The Mansion on O Street in DC. Ladies let me tell you it was an awesome venue. There were all kinds of cute knick knats and trinkets throughout the entire mansion, not to mention a zillion hidden doorways. I truly had an awesome time.
Miss Ghana Universe
America's Next Top Model Contestant Bianca Chardei in a stunning Emilio Pucci dress.