"Regardless of what you've seen. Regardless of what you've heard. You are a conqueror. You are the head and not the tail. Above and not beneath. The first and not the last. Over-comer and not defeated. YOU ARE A CONQUEROR!!!!!!"
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Ladies want a quick and easy way to spruce up a bland outfit without going out and spending loads of money on jewelry???? If so, here's a great inexpensive summer DIY project you can do with your best friends that's sure to turn heads and take that Drab Fit to Fab Fit. Not only will you have loads of fun doing it, you can be as creative as you would like, so I hope you ladies enjoy this one!!!! ;)
What You Will Need
Lots of Embroidery Thread
Shower Curtain Rings (buy according to your wrist size)
1. For starters grab one ring, your super glue, and choose which threads you would like to use on your bracelets.
2. Now, measure how long you would like your first thread to be and cut it.
3. Super glue the beginning of the thread to the curtain ring. Make sure you apply an ample amount of glue because you don't want your thread to unravel. After applying, let the glue air dry for 10 seconds.
4. Wrap the thread around your curtain ring until you would like to stop. Remember you want your threading to be as tight as possible so it may help to push each piece together after wrapping it.
5. To switch colors simply tie a knot to the previous strand you are working with. After tying your knot be sure to overlap the new color onto the previous one just a little, to prevent the knot from showing.
6. When the thread has come to the end of the curtain ring, super glue it to the ring. Let air dry for 10 secs and Voila your all done ;)
7. Be as creative as you would like, mix and match, make designs do whatever your like. Here's a few of the ones I did! I love how they turned out!
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Wondering what this box is all about? Well wonder no more because it's a prayer box. When I was younger my mother used to have one and now I do. The prayer box is a box full of of prayers, worries, wishes, all written out to God. My box is a little different than my mothers and yours will be different from mine because every box is unique. The box is meant to show how good God is (not that He needs to show it) but sometimes seeing how God has moved in our lives is important. The box will show how the Lord answers our prayers even the ones we think are no big deal like "Please let me find those discounted shoes I saw yesterday in the clearance section" lol lol lol Ok maybe that's a stretch but you get my drift. Every time you submit a concern, prayer, or request in the box you must write the day you wrote it and the time. After the Lord answers your prayer you must go back to that note and read what you requested or said and you'll see how God answered it. Trust me ladies you will be amazed. The little things you take for granted you will soon start seeing wow God you answered that small request. This box is not only for you to see the goodness of the Lord but it's meant to strengthen your Christian walk so you can reflect on how much you have grown knowing no matter what God hears your prayers and will come through according to His will. So if your interested in making your very own prayer box keep reading.
What You Will Need
Old Shoe Box
3 Sheets of Designer Paper
1. For starters, take the designer paper you would like for the lid of your box and lay it across the entire box, just to make sure you have enough paper to work with.
2. Fold down the edges so of our paper so you can get a clear understanding of how you will cut and begin to fold your paper for the box.
3. Once you've folded the edges, flip the paper over along with the lid and cut any excess paper you have.
4. Since you've cut the extra material off, now fold the paper you have inward.
5. Using tape secure the edges and folds.
6. Your lid should look like this now.
7. Flip your lid back inside and now draw a rectangle large enough to fit a note in.
8. Once you've drawn your rectangle using your scissors cut the rectangle out (as shown in above picture)
9. Using another sheet of designer paper fold it in half and cut along fold.
10. Place your paper on one side of the box and fold over like so. After folding use your tape to secure the edges.
11. Using the other half of the paper you cut out repeat steps 9 and 10 for the other side.
12. Once both sides of your box are completed take another sheet of designer paper (your preference) and fold that paper into fours.
13. Now cut along the folds.
14. You will only need 2 of the 4 squares you cut. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for both smaller sides of the box.
15. Once your box is done it should look similar to this.
16. Now here's the fun part. Grab all your little trinkets to decorate the box how you would like it. Be Creative and have fun!
Take a look at my completed prayer box with today's note. Ladies I really hope you enjoy your box I can't wait to hear how the Lord answered some of your prayers. :)
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Friday, June 1, 2012
Hey Ladies, I know the "What's In My Bag?" posts have been pretty popular for awhile now so since I have yet to do a post like that HERE IT IS........"What's In Star's Bag?". For starters, I don't really carry too much in my bags just because it's so hard to find things when you have a million and one things in there, so I try to just stick to the basics.
(from left to right)
1.Nine West Wallet: I recently received this wallet as a gift and boy was I happy when I got it because my old one was starting fall apart, like literally the threading was coming undone lol. I love the color of this one and it has a million pockets which makes it a lot easier for me to carry everything I need.
2. Liplicious Lip Gloss: I have had this lip gloss for a year now. I bought it from Forever 21 for $2.80 and it is the best lip gloss I currently own. Not to mention it takes really yummy (not that I'm eating it or anything lol) but you get my drift. It's long-lasting and keeps my lips very glossified.
3.Victoria Secret "Pure Seduction" Body Mist and Lotion: I like to keep lotion and body spray in my bag and car at all times. You never know when you might need a little freshening up or some lotion to get those ashy hands and elbows, so right now I'm wearing this.
4. SmartTrip Card: If you live in the DC/MD/VA "DMV" area you are definitely familiar with this little card. If not, I use this card to catch the trains to go back and forth to work and travel around here.
5. Samsung Vibrant Phone: Although this thing has a mind of it's own and shots off all the time, and dies in the middle of my conversations, and freezes, and drops calls (have you noticed anything yet lol) this is my phone. #TeamDROID
6. Olympus Voice Recorder: I faithfully carry this voice recorder, my business cards (in my wallet), and my camera with me on a daily basis. I don't know if it's the Journalism major in me but I feel like everyday is a new day to capture something or someone. You have to be prepared for whatever.
7. Nail Polish: These are my 2 fave polishes at the time "Office" and "Poppy" by American Apparel. They have the absolute BEST polishes quick drying, and very pigmented.
8. Revlon's ColorStay Eyeliner: I recently made the transition from cream eyeliner to liquid. I've noticed liquid lasts a lot longer and doesn't run as much as cream does.
9. MAC Lipstick: truthfully speaking these are the only 2 lipsticks I own from MAC, together they create the perfect nude lip.
10. Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara: ladies, this is mascara "crack". If you have yet to try this where have you been? I love this stuff and even got my mom hooked on using it. No clumps and lots of volume to your lashes.
11. Elf Red Lipstick: I wear a red lip quite often and this is the shade I use. I bought it from Target about 2 months ago from their Elf Collection for $3.
12. Micheal Kors Watch: My go-to watch to add a little glam to my fits.