Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Hair Regimen


Every now and then I like to switch up and try new products for my hair. I personally think you have to keep trying products out from time to time so you can find what works for you and your hair. So.....I've been using Shea Moisture's Organic Coconut and Hibiscus natural hair care products for thick, curly hair. I've been using these products for about a month now and I can truly say I really like them. I like Shea Moisture because all of their ingredients are natural. The products are paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, gluten and synthetic color free. Which is a major plus for your natural tresses. These products don't leave my hair hard or crunchy and I can go a good three days without needing to prep. Below I will break down each product I am using and how I am liking them so far.

The Curl and Shine Shampoo is not sticky at all and has a really nice smell. A little goes a very, very long way. I like to pour about a quarter size amount of product into my hand and use for each section of my hair while detangling with a wide tooth comb.

I just added this Aussie "Moist" conditioner to my hair regimen because I heard so many great reviews about it. My hair was definitely smooth after using this and I can say I do feel a difference, my hair isn't nearly as dry as it used to be.

I know....I know what you're probably thinking WHAT? Coconut Oil? but coconut oil is actually an extremely good oil for your hair. It hydrates the hair and protects it from heat and chemical damage. It also works very well to seal your ends. I use this right after conditioning BUT.... ladies please use this product SPARINGLY my first time trying this I thought if I used alot my hair would be really moisturized but I ended up using way to much and for 2 days everything my head touched there was an oily grease mark left behind lol lol lol!!!!!

This is my styling product I apply this after using the coconut oil. It is very lightweight but works well. I normally section my hair into fours then use this throughout those sections. Once all my hair has product I use a diffuser to dry my hair just a little and my curls are set and ready for me to walk out the door.

This product is a lot thicker than the Curl and Style Milk. If you have a thicker, tighter curl this product will work well as a styling agent for you. I tried it but it is just a little too heavy for my 3b/3c curls.

1 comment:

Michon said...

Shea Moisture is buy one get one free at CVS this week!(until 9/8)