Summer is gone, the trees have changed colors, and the air is getting COLD! That means it's definitely time to start layering up with long sleeves, vests, scarves, etc.....So here's a few tips on how to layer fashionably.
1. The thinnest garment should always be worn closest to your skin. In turn, the thickest garment should be worn on the top layer. You do this to prevent unwanted bulges in your clothes.
2. Try not to layer clothing with the same style. For example if you have a ruffled top that you really want to wear don't pair it with a ruffled cardi. It becomes ruffle Over-Kill! So try to contrast the styles with a ruffled top and a plain blazer.
3. Scarves are GREAT for layering. Tuck them into a vest or jacket or even a button up shirt.
4. I'm a HUGE fan of blazers. They are absolutely PERFECT for the layered look typically because you have to wear something under them so.....try taking a form fitting plain top, throw a blazer on over and a scarf with a pair of jeans ;)
5. Try not to add more than 3 layers to your fit remember you still want to be comfortable!