Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hair Confessional And Challenge


Products....Products...Products....and more Products!!!!! If your anything like me your natural hair care product collection seems like it can be considered a mini beauty supply store. The other day as I was cleaning under my bathroom sink I realized just how many natural hair products I have, and it made me really think what have I been doing to my hair all these years. I began my natural journey the summer of 2006, boy was that a GREAT summer so many new beginnings going natural being one of them. As I sat on my bathroom floor I started to read the labels on all the products I have. Parabens, Sulfates (which are really bad for your hair) and a bunch of other words really stood out to me. Then it hit me, have I really been taking care of my natural tresses like I should? Am I looking at the labels when I buy some of these products or am I just trying everything on my hair? Through these 6 years of being natural I've pressed, cut, ponytailed, and bunned my hair because I didn't quite know what to do with it.  Now, don't get me wrong my hair has grown a lot and I'm pretty happy with my fullness and length, but I wonder what would happen if I really started to spend some TLC with my H..A..I..R... I know you naturalistas know exactly what I am talking about. So, I've decided to embark on a 60 day Natural Challenge. No heat, no ponytails, lots of moisturizing, deep conditioning and washing for a full 60 days. Recently I purchased Shea Moisture's Thickening and Growth products and my hair seems to love it, not to mention their products are all natural yayyyyy so..... I'm excited to see my results after this 60 day challenge. Ladies if your fed up with your hair and the hum drum results... if you need and want a change join me in this challenge :)

No comments: