1. Be gentle, very gentle when washing your brushes because some makeup brushes shed hair. If you handle them improperly the brushes can get completely damaged.
2. Only wet the bristles of your brush and not the ferrule (the part that holds the brush together) because most manufacturers only use glue to hold the ferrule together. After repeated moisture in that area the water can cause the glue holding the ferrule together to weaken and you can lose the bristles to your brushes.
3. Leave brushes FLAT to dry
4. A quick and easy way to clean your brushes is to invest in a spray brush cleanser. Just spray the product on, and rinse until the water is clear then air dry.
5. Make sure your brushes are COMPLETELY dry before using them.